|"Bread line outside the Pressed Steel Car plant, McKees Rocks, 1909" Photo from Explore PA History.|
Read John Ingham's article on the McKees Rocks strikes in 1909. The article citation is:
Ingham, John N. "A Strike in the Progressive Era: McKees Rocks, 1909." The Pennsylvania Magazine of History and Biography 3 (1966): 353-77.
You can find the article through JSTOR, a database of scholarly journals.
1. Go to the Hunter Library website
2. Click on "Databases/Articles"
3. Find "JSTOR" in the alphabetical list
4. If you are not on campus, you must enter your Hunter netID and password to access JSTOR
5. Use the advanced search option to find the article with the citation information above.
Consider the following questions:
What is the author's argument?
What examples does he provide to prove his point?
What are the issues and/or conditions that led to the strikes?
How were the McKees Rocks strikes similar to or different from other strikes?