- Due May 15, before the start of class. NO LATE SUBMISSIONS ACCEPTED.
- Submit to the Midterm Revision assignment on www.turnitin.com
- Meet with me at least once prior to submitting your revision. Bring a hard copy of your original essay with my comments from turnitin.com. I will not grade your revision if you do not meet with me. My office hours are Tuesdays and Fridays, 12:30-1:30 in 1545W. If you cannot make it during that time email me for an alternative appointment time.
- Revised essay must follow the original requirements:
- A clear thesis that presents the argument and outlines the essay
- Reference to a MINIMUM of three sources; every reference must include an MLA or Chicago style citation
- Detailed explanation of examples: who, what, where, when.
- Analysis for each example: how this example prove the main argument?
- Organized structure: present evidence in chronological order, organize evidence to follow outline of thesis, include strong topic sentences
- Revised essay must ALSO
- Show substantive improvement
- Address ALL issues raised in comments on original essay
- Be written in clear, understandable language with MINIMAL typos, mistakes or grammatical errors
Monday, April 6, 2015
Here are the requirements and due date for submitting a revised midterm essay for those of you who wish to do so: