- Bring 3 hard copies of your essay to class
- Submit your essay to turnitin.com by the start of class
- Double-spaced, 12-point font
- Includes 3 primary and 2 secondary sources, with citations in EITHER Chicago or MLA style
- Essay should have:
- A clear thesis that presents the argument and outlines the points of the main body
- Subsequent body sections that use specific examples, quotes or paraphrases
- Analysis of each example demonstrating how it relates to the main argument
- Appropriate citations for all sources; the reader should be able to find the exact same source that the author used
- Clear, easy to read sentences
- Correct grammar and punctuation
The essay you bring to class on Tuesday, December 2 should be a final draft that you would be comfortable submitting for a grade. The final paper will be submitted by 11:59 pm on Friday, December 12. Please bring a hard copy of your paper to class on Friday, December 12.
Feel free to post any questions in the comments below.